Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wrong guy...

"FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Wearing a baby blue T-shirt that read ''I Beat Anorexia,' David Wells panned a near-empty clubhouse yesterday morning, saw Bronson Arroyo packing his belongings, and said, ''Wrong guy.'"

OK, I'm really excited about Pena (whose potential is Ortizian - just LOOK at him), and I think Theo pulled off yet another steal, but I really wish there was some way we could have sent Wells instead. Nevermind that Wells is a jerk and Bronson was a stand-up guy who was genuinely hurt that he was going to be a #2 starter in Cincy instead of a long relief guy in Boston, but I also think that Bronson would have out-performed Wells this season while pitching twice as many innings (as a regular starter in Boston). Bronson was one of my favorite Red Sox, and he will be missed.

1 comment:

Dad said...

I concur.