Wednesday, March 15, 2006

AM 970

is my new favorite radio station. On my way to Norwich I heard Dean Martin singing "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You", Bobby Darin doing "Mack the Knife", and Ray Charles and Van Morrison singing "Crazy Love". All in a row! Later on I heard Frank and Nancy singing "Something Stupid". I didn't like that song when I was young, but I do now. Music was once simpler, more lyrical and melodic, and less edgy. The lyrics can be heard clearly. The arrangements are spare and corny, but they leave the vocals front and center, where they are supposed to be.

Every now and then I hear some religious programming on 970. Heh. Keeps the liberals away.

There was a similar station in Portland, Maine. They played "The Music of Your Life".

2 comments:

Mom said...

I don't think I could bring myself to like "Something Stupid" under any circumstances now, though I actually owned the 45 in junior high. However, the Ray Charles/Van Morrison version of "Crazy Love" is wonderful. I've listened to AM 970 too. Great station.

Anonymous said...

you should get two more xm lines one for the truck and one for the tractor so ill never have to listen to anything but good clear xm radio again and ill even install them off the clock for ya


o and david havent you heard that xm is Discontinuing soul street on 3/16/06