Wednesday, March 22, 2006

AI Pool

The American Idol Contest will begin after tonight's dismissal of one of the eleven. Be prepared to rank the top ten. Details tomorrow.

I thought last night's show was easily the best yet with many excellent performances. Barry Manilow was an excellent coach, and I liked the music much more than Stevie Wonders' music. The worst performers of the night were the sound engineers/technicians, though on a couple of songs they did back off the orchestra enough so that yo could actually hear the voices.

Ann Althouse liveblogs AI, but she is very critical, as are her minions.

10 comments:

Caleb said...

Kevin or Lisa will be going home tonight. Hopefully they'll both audition again a few years down the road.

Mom said...

I am worried about Lisa. I think she has terrific potential, but it hasn't really been showing in the past few shows. Maybe she's too young.

I actually like Bucky -- I know, I know, but I do. Still, I think he is most likely to be the one who goes home tonight. Kevin will survive a bit longer, I think.

There were some great performances last night!

Dad said...

Kevin -should- go. But he won't. He has sole possession of the teeny-bopper vote. Ace or Bucky could go too, though I like Bucky. He just can't sing like the rest of them. Lisa might very well go. She' very young, but very talented. She'll have a great career.

But the rest of them. Wow! Mandisa, Elliot!, Catherine!, Paris, Taylor, Chris and Kellie!. How would you choose? I know Taylor's song wasn't vocally challenging, but he's a born performer. I thought they were all terrific.

Caleb said...

....i like kellie....

Dad said...

...kellie's kute...

Anonymous said...

chris is going all the way

Dad said...

So what do I know? kevin goes.

Line up your picks everybody!

Caleb said...

should we be putting our Top Ten here?

Luke Murphy said...

I have to say, I was starting to like Kevin, and he's much better than Bucky. Bucky's great but I've seen enough of him, but Kevin was starting to warm up on me. "When I Fall in Love was beautiful and I think he shows lots of guts to be such a dork and to do what he does. I didn't really articulate that very well, but maybe you'll know what i mean.

Dad said...

Luke, does it hurt when kevin warms up on you? Does he just do scales and stuff?

Caleb, don't put your picks here. I'll start a new post later.