Saturday, May 02, 2009

NESN-Remy

I wish Jerry Remy a speedy and complete recovery.

But...I don't miss him. At all. Buck Martinez isn't my favorite, but I like him. Best of all, though, is that I don't have to listen to Remy read any more promos. Orsillo reads them now and does it in a normal unaltered tone of voice. I don't even notice them. Remy likes to ramp his voice up for the promos and I find that THAT is the source of my annoyance with them, more so than the music that accompanies them.

3 comments:

Caleb said...

Rumor has it that Eck will be in the booth instead of Martinez for the Yankees games this week. Should be an interesting debut.

I don't necessarily miss Remy, but I hope he's alright. There aren't a lot of details, but it sounds like he's pretty ill.

Caleb said...

So...early returns on Eck and Dave Roberts in the booth are very, very positive. There must be some way to keep at least one of them around when Remy gets back.

Dad said...

I ddin't even try to tune in the NESN broadcast because it was on ESPN and I figured it would be blacked out. I'd love to hear Eckersely, but I expect I'll only have YES availabel to me tonight.

Good game. 2 doubles for Papi. Lester is regaing form.