Monday, April 02, 2007

Curt Schilling's blog

http://38pitches.com

I've always been a little suspicious of Curt Schilling, mostly because he is such a blabbermouth. But, I"m coming around. He has started a blog, in case you haven't seen it, that is unlike anything I've ever seen in the sports arena. He fields hundreds of questions from fans, and responds to them at some length, thereby, he says, communicating with the fans without the idiots from the media distorting what he says. His replies are respectful, literate, and detailed. How he has time for it, I know not.

Apparently he has a feud going with Dan Schaughnessy of the Globe. Schaughnessy wrote a column viciously mocking Schilling, his blog, and his "fanboys" a few days ago. It made me wonder why Schaughnessy became a sportswriter.

Considering Schilling's charity work, the things he says, the way he says them, his family and his beliefs, his work ethic and the bloody sock, I'm won over.

There's also a blog called www.soxandpinstripes.com with writers from the rival factions, but I wasn't impressed the one time I checked it out. I'll have another look.

It's opening day for the Red Sox. I'm starting to get up for it. I wonder if anyone we know went to a spring training game.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your right the first time. Schilling's a blabbermouth. Blah. blah, blab. There's nothing he doesn't have a n opinion on. BLowhard is the word.

thnak God he's not on the Yankees. They'd kill him within a month.

Dad said...

Schilling already has lengthy comment on the game, and 71 comments less than twelve hours after the end of the game. Dan schaughnessy is oing to die a natural death, just like Dan Rather.