Monday, April 02, 2007

Baseball! Spring!

Someone you know DID go to a spring training game! Right here in Philadelphia! 30 vet students, friends and family went to Saturday afternoon's Matsuzaka-fest at Citizen's Bank Park, and had a great time. I took in a little batting practice and watched Matsuzaka warm up in the bullpen. I dragged Kate with me. She found batting practice a little boring. The game itself was great - Papi and Tek put home runs in our section, Matsuzaka looked great, even when he gave up runs. Philly fans REALLY hate JD Drew. They booed his every movement. Sadly, the Sox pulled all the starters pretty early in the game, and most of us just took the rest of the game to enjoy sitting in the sun. Sorry no pictures. While I had a bird's eye view of Matsuzaka & Tek warming up I realized I should have brought a camera, but...I didn't.

Today is of course Opening Day, and the Sox were disappointing. You can't lose 7-1 to the Royals on Opening Day with Curt on the mound. Lots of good baseball going on though. I'm watching Felix Hernandez pitch in Seattle right now, and he's just amazing. Red Sox gotta get some guys like that.

Today was one of the nicer days we've had this spring, so I took advantage of a relatively short day of class to get out on my bike for the first time. It was gorgeous and fun. Now I'm actually sitting in a lecture for my business certificate that's actually very interesting, but I had the laptop out to watch the Red Sox lose, so i figured I'd write a little too. I should go back to paying attention for at least a little while.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Got out on my bike for the first time, too, at Adam's farm. Well, Luke's bike. It's a nice little outing for Panda when I'm on foot or skis. When I'm on a bike, it's a workout! He wants to keep up and goes all out to do so.

The Red Sox get Matzusaka and the Royals got Gil Meche. Let's see who got the better deal. Course, the RS are getting advantage from all the Asian marketing.

Mom said...

If baseball and bikes are on the blog, it's spring!

Caleb, I filled out your FAFSA over the weekend. You should get e-mail about it. If not, please let me know.