Monday, February 14, 2005

My Valentine, funny or not. Part II

Whoops. Don't hit enter when you are composing an entry.
I've decided that my Valentine this year will be my wife, also known around here as Mom. Sometimes I try to imagine what my life would have been like had I not met and married, and stayed married to, Mom/wife/Cassie. I'll tell you, it never looks good. Who else would have had the patience to teach me that the relationship is more important than _______(fill in the blank)? (I have suggestions for the blank in case you can't think of anything.) Who else would have worked so hard at raising a family, writing books, milking cows, cooking, and the million other things around here that get done because M/W/C cares about them and does them? Most important, though, what would I be like, had I not had the incredible fortune to become one with my Valentine? I would be, in every way, poorer. And I wouldn't even realize it. And I wouldn't have three children who are constant reminders of how wonderful their mother is.

So, Valentine, you're stuck with me for the duration. I love you, and I owe you. Big time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who needs candlelight and roses? That was beautiful. 'Gave me the shivers, and I'm tearing up (I always do). You are both very lucky to have found each other. :)

Sissy Willis
http://sisu.typepad.com