Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rome 3

The Pantheon. The ceiling of the Pantheon is a dome, and in the center of the dome is an open hole. We went in after a bit of rain, and the floor was all wet. It seemed to me that they should cover the hole, but no one ever asks me.
The Roman Forum.
Jupiter?
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Casi Di Augusto.


I have hundreds of pictures if anyone wants to see more. I understand if you don't, because it can be really boring to look at other people's vacation photos.

5 comments:

Mom said...

I'd love to see more.

Do you know what Casi di Augusto is? I don't.

Caleb said...

House of Augustus, I'm guessing. Augustus, the adopted son of Julius Caesar, became the first emperor of Rome in 27 BC. He fought a bunch of big wars, and then began "Pax Romana."

HBO taught me something!

Laura said...

Yeah. Those are the ruins of his house.

Luke Murphy said...

Jupiter looks pretty cool.

Caleb said...

Yeah, you can even see the famous Eye of Jupiter. Both of 'em, actually.