Saturday, September 01, 2007

Europe!

Well Mike, Pieboy, and I spent two weeks in Europe visiting Arthur, during which time we saw Paris, Bordeaux, Amsterdam, Brussels, Dublin(just the airport), Galway, and a small town in Ireland named Kinvarra. I'm finally getting around to uploading some pictures for everybody, but unfortunately I am a terrible photographer. On top of that, after spending 2 sleepless nights without a place to stay (the first night was spent on various trains with almost 7 hours on the streets of Paris, and the second night was spent under various bridges in Amsterdam) a very tired Luke accidentally deleted all the pictures on his camera from the first half of the trip. If your camera ever asks you if you want to format your memory card, don't get curious and do it. It deletes everything without any kind of warning message. Anyway that means I have no pictures from Bordeaux which is too bad because it was a beautiful city. It was probably the best of the cities we visited, and certainly had the best weather. By the time we got to Ireland I had figured out how to actually take decent pictures with my camera, but I do have this one good picture from Amsterdam. I don't know what that building is but it looked cool.
This is a pretty house in Ireland.
That is Pieboy posing with some sort of evil monster we found in John Prine's backyard in Kinvarra.

The view from John Prine's house. Those mountains are the Burren, where we walked to a couple days later and there are more pictures from the Burren above. I tried to make these posts in reverse order so this one would be on top, but somehow Blogger did the opposite.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: