Saturday, September 29, 2007

I fixed it!

. . . I think. Those of you who view the blog in Internet Explorer instead of Firefox may have noticed that the posts don't always appear next to the sidebar, but sit down below it so that it looks as if there are no posts. I don't use IE and the blog looks fine in Firefox, so I never thought much about it. But today I thought, "Why not see if I can fix that?" And it looks to me as if I did. Please let me know though if you are still seeing the blog the old way, and if so, which browser version you are using. Thanks!

(The way to fix it, it turns out, was to add this text to every rule in the template with the word "float" in it: word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */
overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ . Google knows EVERYTHING.)

5 comments:

Dad said...

omigod. You are SO awesome!

Spongy Penguin said...

I think the real way to fix it would be for people to just not use Internet Explorer. Then again, maybe it's just easier this way.

Laura said...

yaaaaayyyyyy

Mom said...

Spongy, I happen to agree, and you'll appreciate this: the whole function of those rules that solved the problem, as explained by the Wise Soul who created them, is to make Internet Explorer behave like Firefox!

Unknown said...

Spongy, I think you're on to something there. Everyone should ditch the poorly coded browser that's riddled with security holes and switch to Firefox.

Congrats on the fix though, Mrs. Murphy. :)