Saturday, April 01, 2006

Big News

I've been thinking about this for awhile. I've decided to make the farm organic. There is a HUGE premium paid for organic milk, and I'd like to take advantage of it. Also, I could stop striving so hard to keep the cows healthy and productive. As an organic farmer, I will be able to limp along, making just so much milk as my feeble efforts allow. The 50%-60% premium will cover any inefficiencies, and I can relax a little bit. I'll have to accept the loss of some good cows, because I won't be able to use antibiotics, but, hey, I won't be using antibiotics! (A local Smyrna farmer lost a couple dozen cows going organic-musta not been using holistic homeopathic methods). So, rather than living off the fat of the land, we'll be living off the fatheads of the land! We'll be producing food for rich white people and the scientifically illiterate, but they need to eat, too. Right?

4 comments:

Dad said...

Of course, our cows will never get sick because nutrition is %90 of disease and organically fed cows are well-fed cows (conventional farmers feed their cows manure and stuff), but on the off-chance that one of our cows does get sick, we'll be treating her homeopathically, holistically, and idiotically.

Judi said...

Wow, one day with a life coach!

Anonymous said...

is this one of those april fools jokes

Judi said...

Hold your heart and read Jeremy above . . .