Saturday, February 04, 2006

More good news...

I'm published! This was a side project of my senior thesis that just came out in a moderately prestigious animal behavior journal. My thesis is currently being reorganized, and will be submitted (once again) to journals in a couple months.

Additionally, a big "thank you" to the Clippingers for the card they sent me last week. I really appreciate their congratulations. If you ever need any veterinary services or advice, let me know (preferably a few years down the road - I'm not much help now).

Also, this is what our blog would look like if we wrote in "jive," which seems to be this website's PC way of saying ebonics (warning: language not appropriate for children, the elderly, and Aurora.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

When will GloFish™ technology be applied to other species? At finer restaurants outside California, will surf and turf become GloSteer™ and GloBster™?

Caleb said...


Well, James, the future is now.

Mom said...

The jive/ebonics thing is hilarious!

Dad said...

The world is coming to an end.

Anonymous said...

Wow. When will Blacklight Bacon™ be available at my local supermarket?

Mom said...

The very idea of something to eat called GloBster™ has gotten me thinking about foods with suitable names for fluorescence. For instance, in the Chinese food line: GloMein™! Or, in the diet foods aisle, you could have whole collections of food labeled GloCal™ or GloCarb™. What are the food manufacturers waiting for, I wonder?

Scott said...

I'm confused. Does the "world is coming to an end" have to do with Caleb being published, or the ebonics?

Dad said...

Neither, Scott. It has to do with fluorescent fish, green-glowing pigs, and genetically modified soybeans.