Friday, February 17, 2006

More baseball...

So I was wondering if any Murphies (or any semi-Murphies, extended-Murphies, or non-Murphies) had any interest in going to a Sox away game this spring.

The obvious choice would be Philadelphia. They play a Saturday evening game and a Sunday afternoon game there on May 20th and 21st. We could also visit the vet school, explore a new city, and I could meet up with a few of my future classmates (I just paid my $500 deposit, by the way). I think it'd be gobs of fun. My second choice would have been a series in Cleveland, but it doesn't look like there are any weekend games there.

Also options:
April 8/9, Baltimore. I loved Baltimore, and it would be fun to go back.
April 22/23, Toronto. Didn't love Toronto quite as much, but it could be worth another trip.
April 1/2, Philadelphia. Exhibition games, which means the seats would be cheaper but the stars might not come out. Could be a good chance to watch Paps, Pedroia, and Hansen though.

Longer trips:
June 3/4, Detroit.
June 17/18, Atlanta
July 8/9, White Sox

Also, Fenway games?

6 comments:

Mom said...

I love the idea of a Philadelphia game in May. Congratulations on sending in your deposit!!

Dad said...

All of the above. Problems-Calvalanche in May. OM Worlds, which I prolly won't be able to get to anyway due to the calvanche. Cash.

Can you research Philly tickets?

Baltimore and philly exhibition sound good, too. Nothing in Cleveland?

Anonymous said...

I'M COMING TOO!

Caleb said...

noope, nothing in Cleveland. I was a little disappointed by that myself. That said, it's twice the drive that Philly is.

There are lots of tickets available for the exhibition games in April, which seem to run between 10 and 20 apiece. Ebay has some tickets for the weekend series in May, but it's hard to tell exactly what they're selling for. As far as I can tell, though, individual game tickets in Philly go on sale on Tuesday. Sox tickets will be gone within 24 hours, but it might be worth trying anyway.

Also, I think Aurora wants to go.

Luke Murphy said...

If we do have OM world's, it is the 24th to the 27th. But going to one Philadelphia game as an overnight trip probably wouldn't interfere that much. If we had OM, leaving Saturday early afternoon and coming back after the game on Sunday wouldn't be that bad. Also, leaving Friday night or Saturday morning and seeing the Saturday game, then coming back that night or early Sunday Morning wouldn't be so bad for OM either. I could probably convince the team to meet on Sunday if that's what we wanted to do. That of course will only be a problem if we win. Also, we may get some days off from school somewhere around there for our unused snow days.

Luke Murphy said...

We also have no school from April 14th-23rd.