Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's Valentines Day!

And I'm happy to report that my valentine this year is, once again, my lovely wife. If I were forced to prove the existence of God, the best evidence I could produce would be the fact of our meeting on the dining hall porch at Wagon Road Camp in Chappaqua, New York in July of 1976. Could I have met someone else? I suppose so but I can't imagine it. Could I have learned from someone else the things I've learned from my wife? I suppose so but I can't imagine it. I simply can't imagine that there was anyone else on the planet with whom I could spend thirty years, each of us so different from the other and yet so similar, and, after thirty years, be so absolutely sure that she is THE ONE. Ergo, the hand of God.

Valentine, you're the best thing that ever happened to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teach Luke to say stuff like that. Hahaha, just kidding. He doesn't even feel like that. But I don't either. He's pretty annoying, in fact. He didn't even come to school on Valentines Day! WHAT A GREAT GUY. LUKE YOU BETTER NOT CANCEL OUR DATE TO OUTBACK WITH ALEX AND JAIME! If you do...I'll go anyway.

Anonymous said...

Cassie, remember on your 2nd annual blogoversary that I would like to vote for this entry as most romantic and perhaps best entry of the year.