Monday, October 10, 2005

Thanks for waiting!

Thank you for all the emails literally clamoring for a new Farm Update. It's been in the back of my mind for weeks, but I've been unable to get around to it. Also, I've been unable to get around to answering your emails, but rest assured that I have read each and every one. The only way I could reply to all of them would be to hire an assistant, and then, of course, you lose the personal touch. And who wants that? Yeah, me, either.

I will do a Farm Update in ten days or so. I'm planning on making a feed change this weekend. I'm sure you'll be fascinated by the results.

In the meantime, Joy and Polka are doing okay with their dislocated hips. They hobble out to 1L every day while the rest of the cows go to further pastures. I became quite concerned that they were in too much pain, so I asked them if they would prefer to stay around and milk as long as they were able, or would they like to go to the slaughterhouse. They said, "What's
the slaughterhouse?" And I said, "You know, go for beef." And they said, "What's beef?" And I said, "It's what's for dinner." And they said, "We thought we were having alfalfa for dinner." At this point, I decided to drop the subject, figuring that they would find out soon enough. But this morning they asked me why I hadn't bred them back. I told them that curiosity killed the cat. They said, "Oh NO! Which one?" At this, I fled.

Farm Update soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tommy tomson, mom's here until noon tomorrow. IF the farm update is posted before then, she could read. No pressure, but it would make her happy. I'll keep watch.