Saturday, October 08, 2005

No Joy in Mudville

The mighty Red Sox have struck out. They got cold just when they needed to get hot. Still, playoffs three years in a row along with World champions one of those years is nothing to scoff at. If Schilling and Foulke had been healthy it may have been different.

C'est la vie.

Next year: Sign Mueller for a couple more years at not too much money if possible. Leave him at third. Put Youkilis at first. Let Millar and Olerud walk, but thank them for their contributions. I'll miss Millar's friendliness. He's a good teammate. Sign Graffy for two years at not too much money,. if possible. Pedroia can back up, or be the regular if Graffy can't be signed. He may be kinda hot now that we "discovered" him. SS-Renteria. He should be better next year a la ARod. Catchers are set. RF-Nixon is set. CF-Damon worries me with his shoulder, etc. I'd love to get Rocko Baldelli. No long term contract for Damon. LF-I hope Manny stays. He is so unlike any other. But, if he wants to go, get rid of him for value. DH-set.

Pitchers, starting: Pick from Wakefield, Arroyo, Wells, Schilling, Clement, Papelbon, Alvarez, Lester, Dinardo, Meredith, Hansen. Go with the youth. Let the 40 yo guys wither on somebody else's vine.

Pitchers, relieving: Pick from Papelbon, Dinardo, Delcarmen, Resign Timlin? Resign Myers? Foulke comes back? Not sure I like Foulke. I guess I'd like him better if he could pitch.

Please no more end-of-career guys like Wells, Schilling, R. Johnson. I'd rather watch the young ones lose than the old ones struggle to win.

No comments: