Monday, July 30, 2007

Some pictures from the weekend

This past weekend, Laura and I went to Philadelphia to help Caleb and Kate move. We saw Jason, and met his stepfather Dave, and had a great time at Ikea, and went out to dinner, and generally had a wonderful time when we weren't lugging boxes up stairs. I am gnashing my teeth that I took no pictures of their lovely new apartment (I was going to do it on Sunday, but as things turned out, we didn't get there on Sunday) and no pictures that turned out well of any people involved. Caleb, please let us know if and when you get that mattress moved-- I am worried about it!

I did get a few pictures of Caleb's current houseguest, the Cutest Puppy Ever. Well, except for one other puppy, of course, but that goes without saying. This is Darwin:



Darwin is not supposed to be on the couch. But it would take a harder heart than mine to make him get down.


On Monday, I drove up to Saratoga Springs to meet Grandma and Liz and Ana and Patty Peckham and see Grandma's sculptures in a show that has been traveling around the country. Here's one of her bronzes:


Here's the artist with her daughters, granddaughter, and almost-daughter:



And here is a family of windmills, astonished by a passing balloon:

4 comments:

Caleb said...

I don't see pictures of Darwin. It's a travesty.

And the mattress is still not moved. Updates as events warrant.

Mom said...

Darwin's there now. I hope. This whole post was a travesty. I am not sure why, but the HTML was all messed up. I will have to repost some of the pictures tonight. Sorry.

Do not fail to provide a mattress update. This is really worrying me. Could you use a Philly CarShare truck to move it??

Caleb said...

mattress moved in me too stop internet very slow like using stop dialup all's well send $$ stop

Mom said...

Well, I'm glad the mattress is moved, but I'm sorry about the slow internet. Is that the free Philly wireless? Can you pay for something faster? I hope you get to read this comment someday -- next week, maybe?