Monday, May 14, 2007

Why I was late to work the other day . . .

Well, duh, I got stuck in a traffic jam. Here's the proof:

The trouble with slowing down on a May morning in Chenango County is that, once you've stopped rushing, you might notice a roadside like this:

Which might force you to stop and get out for a closer look.

And then, further down the road, you might have to stop again to check out the luxurious way a brook meanders through a valley.

And then you might step back to notice the picture-book valley that it's wandering through.

Eventually, you manage to get to work. But even there, it's a challenge to be on time when, between the parking lot and the door, there are sights like this:

In May, at least, who'd want to live anyplace else?

1 comment:

Dad said...

Nice one, Mom! I wish I'd had the camera yesterday when Panda the hairless dog and I mountain-biked (I biked. Panda either ran along two inches in front of me or two inches to the side of me.)deep into the forest and came upon an old cellar hole and the remains of concrete steps and a front porch looking out over an old orchard nestled in a small valley that you could almost call a "holler". If you're good, someday I'll take you there.