Thursday, May 17, 2007

Life in the Fast Lane

Hey! That'd make a great title for a book.

So I drove four hours ( I set out with four bull calves in the back of the truck, figuring to go to Unadilla and drop them off, but I ran into the trucker on the way there and switched them to his vehicle saving about an hour of time) to visit grandma Murphy (who really really wanted me to eat half her potato at the Bluebonnet Diner, which has great broasted chicken) for four hours and drove back four hours to arrive home at 1130pm only to have Luke come in the door at midnight saying the Forester was over at Craine Lake and wouldn't move. The clutch lasted only 25000 miles. Ouch. So new clutch in the works. Went out and bought another Murbaru (Subarurphy?) today, a deal I couldn't pass up. Needs head gaskets, of course.

So, I'm fried. Look for AI update and more tomorrow.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Oooh, new car. What is it? How fast does it go?

How's Grandma?

Dad said...

Grandma is unchanged, and now that I think about it, she is only very slightly changed from thirty years ago.

I'll post car pics later. Bought it from the Subaru preacher man who bought it the night before at auction and didn't discover the head gaskets (all he had to do was look in the coolant reservoir to see the gunky combustion by-products) til he got it home and now has to go away for a week and doesn't want to do the HGs. So he sold it to me for what he paid the auction. Right place, right time.