Friday, May 11, 2007

The AI Update is late!

Sorry. Lots goin' on yesterday. ( Wait 'til you see Panda!) Please stop phoning. And the police are looking into who slashed the tires on my truck. C'mon, people, it's just American Idol.

Well, my favorite, Lakisha, did not have a good night. I don't know what possessed her to do "Stayin' Alive", or even why someone like Lakisha should have to sing BeeGee songs. I'd give anything to hear Lakisha sing "As I Went Down in the Valley to Pray" or "Just a Closer Walk With Thee" but I don't expect they'll be having a Religious Songs Night soon on American Idol.

I don't really dislike the BeeGee music. A couple of the ballads are really nice, and the dance music is, well, dance music. But as with so much other AI music, it's really not conducive to the kind of singing I like to hear.

So Arnie is locked into first place, and it looks like Scott could tie him if things fall right. I should have never answered Arnie when he asked me what a blog was.

Arnie 22
Scott 24
Mom 26
Luke 27
Laura 28
Me 30
Claire 31
Caleb 33

6 comments:

Laura said...

I am sad about LaKisha, she and Jordin have been my favorites. You can tell that they choose the theme weeks well in advance because why the heck would they have a bee-gees show when 3/4 remaining contestants are women with big ole voices. That show was really terrible and gross.


And Blake is my Kelly PIckler for this year. How a guy who can't even sing made it so far on such a talented season is really beyond me. Stupid teenyboppers.

Dad said...

Laura, you're a chip off the ol' blockhead.

Mom said...

I have been trying to tell you about that Arnie for months now. Why don't you listen to me??!

Dad said...

For the same reason yuo don't listen to me about You.Know.Who.

Caleb said...

I'm not sure what Voldemort has to do with all this.

Spongy Penguin said...

Don't say his name! Geez, some people never learn.