Monday, February 26, 2007

Panda, Adams Farm, and me

Since the big snow, the only people to have x-country skied at Adams Farm have been Murphys. Unless you count the person who strapped on his skis on the second day after the storm, went twenty feet from his vehicle and said, "Whoops! Too deep!" Four snowshoers were there over the weekend. Other than that, the only outsiders to have used the trails are Murphys.

On Friday, as Panda and I were leaving, a Ford Expedition with a Triton v8 and department of Environmental Conservation sticker on the side from the Roger's environmental Education Center showed up with three people in it who I've seen there before recreating. The driver wanted to know if he could make it if he drove down the road to the ponds. I pointed out the barrier of snow left by the plow and he said, "what if i got a running start?" I told him I didn't think he'd make it and besides he'd destroy my hard-earned trail and, anyway, doesn't that sticker say something about environmental conservation and shouldn't you be walking?

Panda and I broke the trail down the road two days after the storm and it was torture. Mom,. Panda and I broke the woods trail two days later. Not so bad. Tomorrow, Panda and I will break the River trail. I hope I can keep the environmental conservationists from stomping on my handiwork.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I saw Marsha, the director of Rogers, the other day and asked her about the scarcity of skiers at Rogers. She said skiing is generally way down this year and she doesn't know why.

Anonymous said...

Snow's too deep. X-country skiers are sissies.