Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Peace and quiet

And orderliness, and such. The last of the Murphy children has returned to college, and we are returnng to the life we switched to in September. It's OK. Pretty good, even.

But, I really enjoyed the company of the three of you while you were here. Also, of the BFs and GFs, and assorted hoonie-moonies. Come anytime and bring your friends. Gladden the hearts of your parents.

My father relished his life when his kids had grown. While we were kids, life was a lot of work and worry for him. But when we were grown, he loved having his children and grandchildren visit. Brian and I often stopped in Conway in the evening after building houses in the valley. We'd sit at the picnic table in the back yard and have a Manhattan. (While I neglected my own family in Ashfield.) Dad loved it. Now, I am my father.

I shoulda known this would happen.

3 comments:

Judi said...

I think I'm becoming your father, too.

Except for the manahattans . . .

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I have trouble remembering TPM but I do remember that at the VA he was often called wigwam-a synonym for TP.

Dad said...

Judi, you'd be becoming to anybody.

Hi, Mom, you're on the internet. I hope you're having a good time at Claire's. I know she can be bossy. I wonder where she got it from.