Monday, September 29, 2008

What Paul Did On His Summer Vacation

After my Lexis friend Michele visited the farm this summer with her son Paul, he wrote this essay for school. (He had to include three pieces of dialogue.) I'd give him an A+ !

My mother and I arrived at my mom’s friend’s house on July 26, 2008. She used to work with my mom. She lives on a dairy farm in Earlville, New York. Earlville is about 45 minutes from the City of Syracuse. She had a pool. I wanted to go swimming. My mom said, “We need to unpack.” The cows walked right by the pool. That was a cool sight to see.

The next day I got up around 5:00 a.m. to help milk the cows. (It was cool!) I assisted in attaching the milking machine. I also supplied water and food for the cows. The best was hand feeding the baby calves. One calf had a goopy eye. My mom’s friend said, “You did a good job Paul.”

On the Saturday of our visit, we visited a farmers’ market. There was a lot to do and see there. I enjoyed fresh squeezed lemonade. After my first sip, I said to my mom, “This is delicious.” I also purchased a marshmallow shooter. The corn bought at the farmers’ market was very tasty. My mom’s friend even knew the beef farmer there.

This was a great trip. It was my favorite activity of the summer. I hope we can go back again soon.

1 comment:

Laura said...

He is too cute. I'd give him an A+ too. I was impressed with how polite he was, particularly for a boy his age.