Friday, June 03, 2005

Fawn update

The abandoned fawn remained abandoned the next day, and was spotted bouncing from cow to cow saying, "Are you my Mom?" The cows said, "Get this undersized calf outahere!" So we did, while the fawn hollered and panted and thrashed its little feet around. Mom called a bunch of "Wildlife Rescuers" a bunch of times, and mostly they had too many other important things going on, such as vacations. finally, she got hold of a real wildlife nut in Oneonta, if you know the kind of person I mean, bless her heart. Laura delivered the fawn there on Wednesday evening. Mom is headed to Stanfordville now and was planning on stopping to see the little bastard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We shoulda kept it. We could train it to live in the house like Panda, and sleep on our beds. We could name it Goat (get it?).

Dad said...

Got it. We could ame it Spooky but it would lack the symmetry. After it screamed and panted and whacked me a few times with its back legs, living in the house and sleeping on our beds was out of the question. I'd have happily fed it to Panda. Guess I've had my fill of ungrateful animals.

Dad said...

n

Dad said...

Left an n out.

Mom said...

I did stop at the wildlife rehabilitator's house to see the fawn. What a wild place. The fawn is in the kitchen, in a cat carrier, with two other fawns in cat carriers. I guess there wasn't room in the other rooms, which are crammed with fish, birds, snakes, and I don't know what else. I took a picture of the fawn that I'll post when I get home. (I'm posting this comment from Stanfordville.) Want to know what's really, really weird? They may not have named him Goat, but here's what they did name him: SPOOKS.