Sunday, December 02, 2007

Dad Goes to Lowe's

Well, Mom went, too. Things were going fine until I decided to take a walk through the tool section. All of a sudden, lights started flashing and tools were buzzing. A couple of tools were actually jumping up and down in their display. Two guys in Lowe's vests came running over saying, rather loudly, "Sir! Sir! Please leave the tool section. Please, sir. Now, sir." Well, I didn't know what the hell was going on but as I walked out of the tool section, things kind of calmed down, the lights stopped flashing and the tools stopped buzzing. The crowd that had gathered started dispersing. The two Lowe's guys who hustled me out of the tool section were kind of standing between me and the tool section with looks on their faces that said I'd better not try to go in there again. So, I said to them, "Ok, what gives? What was that all about?"

One of them said, "Sir, you were activating all the stud sensors. It happens once in a great while. Please just stay away from them."

Two minutes later, life had returned to normal at Lowe's, and Mom came around the corner and said, "Ready to go?" and I said, "You're never gonna believe what just happened."

5 comments:

Luke Murphy said...

Ummm....what???

Anonymous said...

Global warming, I'd say. Don't recall those things happening three or more decades ago when I was young.

Anonymous said...

Don't let it go to your head, "Murphy". Stud sensors are notoriously unreliable. Fickle, you could say. Much like that other type of "stud sensor" we can't live without.

Laura said...

I'm mad. I actually believed this story.

Dad said...

What's not to believe?