Thursday, May 19, 2005

If I had a camera...

I'd camera in the morning. Especially this morning, looking out the end of the barn, with the heifers on the hill, the mist rising off the goose-infested pond, and the sunrise of 47 colors above the hill. Soon I'll remember to take the camera out and then I can share. In lieu of that, a favorite poem of Edna Murphy's:

A Summer Scene

We stood at the bars as the sun went down
Behind the hill on a summer day.
Her eyes were tender and big and brown.
Her breath was as sweet as the new-mown hay.

Far from the west, the faint sunshine
Glanced sparkling off her golden hair.
Her calm deep eyes were turned toward mine,
And a look of contentment rested there.

I saw her bathed in the sunlight flood.
I see her standing peacefully now.
Peacefully standing and chewing her cud
As I stroke her ears, that Jersey cow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very enjoyable Blob. UncaDon.