Thursday, May 20, 2010

A new Naval officer

At the beautiful George Eastman House, Mom and Dad fasten on the epaulettes ...



... and Uncle Don administers the oath.

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

that I take this obligation freely, without mental reservation or purpose of evasion;

and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God."

The presentation of the commission


and the first salute.


Celebrating afterward . . .




A proud family.

2 comments:

Luke Murphy said...

That's a really nice picture of everybody at the end.

Anonymous said...

Of all these wonderful, happy Murphy pictures, these of Luke's commissioning are the ones that made me cry.

Didn't know Don was involved -- how wonderful.

And yes, Luke, the final picture is great of the whole family!

Judi