Sunday, March 09, 2008

Grandma Murphy Moves

The inimitable Grandma Murphy has moved from her spacious dwelling on Bridge Road to a unit half the size at Rock Ridge which, yes, is the town in Blazing Saddles. On the plus side, there will be more activities there, more people available to socialize with, more supervision and assistance for her, and more transportation and organized trips. G'ma Murphy knows how to live life to the fullest. Rock Ridge will be a better place for her to live, and besides, the sheriff is near.



There is a new resident intro published in the RR newsletter for, yup, new residents, and this is hers:

NAME: Edna Murphy
WHERE ARE YOU FROM: I was born and raised on a farm in Conway, Ma. Recently from Lathrop Community in Northampton, Ma.
FAMILY: I have 5 children, 3 boys and 2 girls. They live in California, Connecticut, New York State, Maine, and one is local. I also have a cat named Clyde.
THINGS YOU LIKE TO DO: I like to keep very active and busy. I like to go out and do things and am looking forward to the programs offered at RockRidge, especially the outings. I also like to go for walks, knit and play pitch.
FAVORITE FOOD: I like everything, but lobster is on the top of the list.
LEAST KNOWN FACT ABOUT ME: After my mom died at 50 years of age, I had always wished that my Dad had remarried. There were plenty of eligible ladies but he never was interested. I always wondered if he didn't remarry so that he could devote his time and energy to me.
FARTHEST PLACE YOU HAVE TRAVELED: Many years ago, my husband and I traveled to Alaska.
FAVORITE MUSIC: Music from the 40s (I was in my 20s)
WHAT DO YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY ON: My 5:00 p. m. cocktail.
WHAT HAS BEEN DIFFICULT ABOUT AGING: Giving up driving.
ONE THING YOU WOULD CHANGE ABOUT YOUR SELF: It is not easy for me to mix with people I don't know. I wish I was better at engaging with people in social situations.
WHOM DO YOU MOST ADMIRE:My sister-in-law who raised 8 children, 7 of which were girls! We were very, very close. She is now deceased and I miss her.
FUNNIEST MEMORY: when I was 12 years old, my parents got me a Shetland pony. The pony was also 12 years old, and quite used to doing what he wanted. He had a mind of his own and took me on rides where HE wanted to go!

No comments: