Thursday, April 03, 2008

I'm off to spread manure.

Justin Case you wanted to know. After that, I'm going to smooth the ground where the feed truck will have to navigate tomorrow to bring feed to the dry cows and heifers, who are tired of being mentioned in the same breath, year after year. The heifers are, of course, young and hip and know where it's at. The dry cows, however, have been around the block a few times and look at the heifers as young and stupid. These are the trials of the dairy farmer. Managing and massaging disparate groups of animals into a cohesive whole that can function as a unit. I know it sounds like a bunch of psychobabble, but I assure you that each group of bovines must have its needs met. If there is a job description of a dairy farmer that is succinct and apt, it would be, simply, "Meeter of Needs."

2 comments:

Luke Murphy said...

Dad your analysis of bovine sociology sounds remarkably similar to my Islam professor's analysis of, well, anything.

Anonymous said...

who is this justin case is he my replacement lol well its good to see all is well back home they turn me lose on my own monday so ill be back around there somewhere and ill prolly stop in sometime next week too see ya then