Friday, December 16, 2005

Ice storm!!!

Yesterday we got freezing rain for a good 4 hours. When it was done, Geneseo was covered in a pretty thick sheet of ice. I was in my calc final while this was going on, so I forgot how slippery it had gotten, and I took one step outside and fell down the stairs. Luckily no one saw. Phew.
It was a riot though. Walking home I saw this guy who I guess had no tred on his shoes, he was skating down cardiac hill. You could hear screams all around as people fell. Looking around I saw 3 or 4 people fall at once. It was pretty funny.

Yep.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Laura, that's supposed to be "Luckily I wasn't hurt," not "Luckily no one saw." I assume you weren't hurt, right? Except perhaps mentally by the calc final?? Here, we have had more snow than ice, but it's pretty slick out there. School's closed today -- Luke's still asleep.

Anonymous said...

Here we had ice as well. It was a bit distracting, because every time I looked outside the library I got to watch the smokers slipping and sliding and falling down.