Wednesday, January 16, 2008

P*A*N*D*A

Well, Panda and I walked Cush Hill. He was as energetic and vigorous as he's ever been. We covered most of the trails on the hill side. Panda got lost for a while, and finally found me and ran up to me out of breath. But that didn't slow him down. When we got back to the car, he was reluctant to get in. So we went and walked the other side of the road with him leading the way. Sadly, I didn't have the camera when he found a deer leg, complete from pelvis to hoof, and hauled it the quarter mile, up a steep hill, back to the car. It's four feet long, and he made the fluttering noise with his lips that he makes when he's swimming. He's been gnawing on it in the back yard for the last ten minutes. He shows no signs of discomfort in his gnawing which I don't think would have been the case a couple days ago.

4 comments:

Dad said...

Panda spent 45 minutes outside gawing on his deer leg. At the moment, he is outside in the dark, gnawing again.

Mom said...

Now he's back inside, but only after at least half an hour out there in the snow, working happily away. He was so enthusiastic about it that he wore a bare place in the snow as big as his dog bed. And when he came inside, he had to have a snack (hungry after all that work.) Now he's relaxed and warm and napping on my feet.

Anonymous said...

I love American Idol at this stage of the show BUT I love Panda too.

Dad said...

I AM YOUR BROTHER
YOUR BEST FRIEND FOREVER
SINIGING THE SONGS
THE MUSIC THAT YOU LOVE
BROTHERS TIL THE END OF TIME
TOGETHER OR NOT
YOU'RE ALWAYS IN MY HEART
YOU HURT YOUR FELLINGS
AND YOU WILL RAIN ON MINE
I LOVE YOU BROTHER

(repeat ad nauseum)