Thursday, August 03, 2006

Vacation photos!

Turns out that nearly 6 years after purchase, my digital camera still takes some decent pictures. When I bother to take it with me. Here are some pictures, first from Point Reyes in California, then from the SF Zoo, and then from Monday's climb of Mt. Monadnock in New Hampshire, in the heat. There are more where these came from, and will be more taken as the week goes on:

Point Reyes State Park, from the car:















Ruth at McClure Beach. The sign says not to feed or approach marine life. Neither of us expected to encounter marine life:














Some beach shots:


































A little mini-beach I got to by climbing over a short rock wall. When I took this picture, I thought I was alone on my own private beach, but really there were a couple of girls in bikinis about 6 feet to my left. Sorry, no pictures of them:














Panoramic view of McClure beach. The small gap between the rocks at the other end is what i climbed over:















This lonely sea lion waddled up on shore while I was walking along the beach. We sat and stared at each other for a little while before other people wandered up and stood way too close. Ever the worrier, I called the park service to come check it out:















Zoo pics. Giraffe and giraffeling:














Ruth coralled that metal hippo all on her own:



















Daaaa Bears da Bears da Bears da Bears:














Mitch, king of the meerkats:



















Alert prairie dogs:















Less alert prairie dogs:















On top of Mt. Monadnock. On a clear day, they say you can see the Murphies old house in Beldingville, MA. Look closely, it's totally in there somewhere:















The skyscrapers of Boston, totally invisible in the 95 degree heat:















Is she enjoying the view, or silently cursing me for taking a picture of her after I drag her up a mountain?

3 comments:

Dad said...

Well, I'm impressed that you would climb Monadnock on such a day. Lotsa grumbling around here.

Nice pics.

Mom said...

Wow, great pictures!

Caleb said...

we started climbing at 10, when it was mildly cool, and when we got about the treeline the wind was strong enough to negate the humidity and some of the heat, so it was never really all that bad.